Wedding Tour in Osh
Make and Break Your Own “LepyOSHka”!
In Osh and throughout Kyrgyzstan, bread not only varies by its shape, but also by its taste, and the unique way in which it is baked. In this tour, we offer you the opportunity to enjoy baking bread in a local community and to learn the stories behind the bread. Get hands on with a local baker to learn how lepyoshka is made, including preparing the dough, shaping and decorating the circular loaves, and placing them in the tandyr (oven). Once your bread comes pipping hot from the oven, you'll have a chance to try it in a local style, with kaimak (traditional sour cream).
Make and break bread in Osh, and get a glimpse behind the tradition!
- Witness how tandyr, a tradional oven, is made. Understand its significance and peculiarity of bread baking.
- Learn step-by-step how to shape and bake lepyoshka, Osh-style Central Asian bread, in a tradional tandyr.
- Have a tradional Osh breakfast: Taste your own fresh bread from tandyr with kaimak (a local sour cream) and other local condiments.
* Please inform us in advance (upon booking request) if you or anyone in your group is vegan or has any food allergies.
Osh Bread-Making Course
1.5 Hours | from 450 KGS
What Others Say About This Tour
- Food and tea
- Local English-speaking guide
Not Included in Price:
Juice, soda, or alcoholic beverages
Have you ever wondered about the flat breads you see all over the Osh? Why they are particularly round and flat? Why those flower shaped patterns are made in the center? There are definite answers for all these questions and this mini-tour experience will explain it all, and provide you with the opportunity to make and eat your own bread!
Tour Location and Meeting Point
This tour meets at the Destination Osh Office (15 Gapar Aytiev Street)
From there, we will provide transportation to the baker's place in central Osh.