Learn the stories and legends of sacred Solomon's Mountain.
Rising up in the middle of Osh, the UNESCO site of Sulaiman-Too (Solomon's Mountain) is filled with history and legends. We invite you to take part in our interactive journey around Sulaiman-Too with a local, English-speaking guide. Not only will you learn the rich history and stories regarding the sacred mountain and how the city was built up around it, but you'll also gain insight into — and perhaps take part in — the different rituals practiced by local inhabitants and pilgrims. And you'll be able to enjoy spectacular panoramic views of the city.
Don't forget your camera!
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Sulaiman-Too (Solomon's Mountain)
- Understand the site's sacred history (pre-Islamic and Islamic) and its historical importance to the town of Osh.
- Experience the most spectacular panoramic views of Osh and the nearby Pamir and Alay Mountains.
- Understand, witness, and try the rituals practiced by locals you meet along the way.
1.5 Hours | From 500 KGS/person
Sulaiman-Too (Solomon's Mountain) Walking Tour Gallery
What Others Say About This Tour
- English-speaking guide
- Entrance fee and museum tickets
- Drinks or snacks
Named after the Biblical and Qur'anic Prophet Solomon, this mountain has served as a sacred location for Zoroastrianism, Shamanism, and Islam for thousands of years. During the Silk Road era, the mountain served as a beacon as it was the midpoint on the ancient trading route between Asia and Europe, and it guided the way for traders and caravans to Osh. This living history continues to this day as local people and pilgrims still visit Sulaiman-Too and its sacred caves.
Tour Meeting Point
The meeting point is at the Destination Osh office (15 Gapar Aytiev Street). We will then walk as a group up to around Sulaiman-Too.